10 Helpful Tips On How To Keep Your Home Organized
This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you need help getting your home organized? Are you constantly looking around and wondering what went wrong? Girl, I know… I do too sometimes.
My grandmother always instilled in me that an organized home is a happy home and you should always keep it as so.
I am going to share with you some of the tried and true tips my grandmother has taught me on how to keep an organized (and clean) home!
So let’s get to it, shall we…
- Declutter. I know this sounds scary. But honestly, how many pieces of clothing do you really need? I feel like less stuff = less cleaning. The clutter is just going to stay there if you do not do anything about it. I am not just talking about clothing either. I am sure there is a ton more stuff you can toss just from looking around your house right now. Did you look? I bet you found something.
- Take everything out of the boxes. When you come home from grocery shopping all of the food items that are in boxes, take them out and recycle them! For example, I get my son a bunch of little snacks that are in individual packages so I just put them in the baskets I got for the pantry and toss the box in the recycling bin. Easy peasy and it looks nice too. Also, he has easy access to his snacks. I do this as well with cereal, I got some cereal containers from Amazon. They’re very pleasing to the eye as well. 🙂
- Baskets. You can use baskets for everything. I mean it! I use baskets for my pantry, my fridge, under my sinks, in the closet… I just went to dollar tree and hit the basket isle. You can even get all fancy and label them if you must.
- Everything has a place. The worse thing you can do is put stuff in different places after every use. I used to do this and I misplaced a ton of stuff all the time. So, for example, I place my purse and keys in the same spot in my kitchen everytime I walk through the front door. Also put your stuff back where it belongs after you cook, do laundry, do your makeup etc…
- Make your bed in the morning! It only takes one minute. Plus you will feel really good about yourself when your bed is nice and neat all day. If you have a cat, they will appreciate it too. 🙂
- Put everything back after you use it. We covered this in number 4 but I wanted to touch on this again. Just make sure you’re not leaving things out after you use them. This can really turn a clean house into a dirty on quick! It only takes one minute so you really do not have an excuse. My grandmother always used to tell me if your gonna do something make sure you clean up after yourself or don’t do it at all… She really meant it too.
- Clean while you cook. Those dishes can really pile up with the quickness! So while you’re waiting for something to be done, clean up your prep area. And when you are done cooking everything just make out the plates and put the leftovers in containers right away. Then just wash the pots and pans real quick. Or stick them in the dishwasher if you have one. Those things are always great.
- Mail sorting systems. It’s really easy to just throw the mail on the counter after you get it. I know, I am guilty too. Investing in a nice mail sorting system can really help manage everything. Also, just open your mail and sort it all out right when you walk through the door. When your late on that bill you forgot to pay because you forgot to check it in that pile on the table over there, you will be sorry…
- Do a load of laundry every day. Wait, what? I know! It sounds crazy. But hear me out… If you do one SMALL load of laundry (after you catch up of course) every single day, it is going to take you way less time, and be a heck of a lot easier than doing a million loads in one day. (time waster alert) And you will always be one step ahead of the Joneses. 🙂
- Pick up every night. Just go around your house and tidy up every night. You’ll feel better going to bed and be happier in the morning. Ready to take on the day! Hey, a clean and clutter free house is the way to go. It promotes a clear and clutter free mind! Try it and let me know how you feel in the morning.
So now that we have gone through the tips to get your home organized. I hope you will have good vibes after implementing them into your everyday routine.
It will take time initially to get everything in order, but once you do, you’ll be amazed at how organized your home is. A well-organized home frees up so much time to do the things you actually want to do.
Not to mention you’ll feel empowered to take on the tasks you really need to be doing, like taking care of those little ones.
What are some helpful tips for organizing your home that you can share with us here? Tell me what works well for you…
If you liked this post on 10 Helpful Tips On How to Keep Your Home Organized or have any questions please leave a comment down below!